Sunday 13 April 2014

Why people think we're arses ... These days

Well primarily I'd say it's because we tell people what to do and as far as most people who've had a drink are concerned, doormen are just people like them and have no right to tell them anything.  Or that's what they truly seem to believe.
I've had people say they're going to bring a policeman to me and have him make me let them in!  Good luck I say and well done for wasting police time, lets get it straight right from the start, we can refuse entry to anyone at any time and we DO NOT have to give a reason.  We usually do of course and for the most part we even try to explain to people what they can and can't do, quite why people think they can have a slash in the road in front of me and then come in is beyond me but then I'm sober I suppose! It's the same with age and dress code, it's a busy Saturday night so you walk the queue checking ID's saying over 21's tonight folks, to be greeted by ID's saying 18, I mean do you think I can't read or do maths?   And when I say not quite the right dress code for a Saturday night there guys, to the kids wearing faded t shirts and crappy trainers, I don't mean explain to me how much your t shirt and trainers cost when they were new I mean put a shirt on and make an effort! 
When the sign says no sportswear it means exactly that, and what's wrong with it like?  As I'm frequently asked, because you look like a chav that's why!
Not long ago four young lads were coming in on a Sunday night and I was on the front door listening to their conversation, the entry fee was £3 each so £12 in total, they had exactly that between them and couldn't understand why I wouldn't let them in!   It ain't no youth club or cinema and if you can't buy a drink then either you're gonna steal one or drink water, we don't want thieves inside and one drinking water is fine, but 4? I don't think so because once again people forget we're also here to help the venue make money!


No comments:

Post a Comment