Monday 17 March 2014

The busiest half hour I've ever had!

Before the late drinking licences came in, I, like many doormen worked first in a bar then went straight to a club.  It was a regular Saturday night at revolution bar, nice n busy and not too much trouble.  When I finished at twelve I drove to Carringtons nightclub, changed from black to white shirt, had a quick smoke and went In at half twelve. 
It was busy and my main Job was to float around all the bars and help where needed, now back then with every room open Carringtons was over 1000 capacity and it was nearly full.  Everywhere I went I found people carrying on!  I'd walk round the corner into a fight and have to take one guy out the front while the other was taken out the back way to stop them fighting in the street.  I walked into the toilets and caught a guy doing coke, out the front door.  Several guys around the club could hardly stand, out the front door!  
Another potential fight so out one of them goes. This went on until I brought another drunk out to the main entrance and saw the manger and head doorman in discussion and looking at me, they motioned me over and said,
"Dan you've been here half an hour"
"Is it? That's gone slow I said"
"You've taken eleven people out, keep going like this we'll have no one left, you're not on commission you know!"

No comments:

Post a Comment