Wednesday 29 January 2014

Be good, or come find me mwah ha ha

One of the nicest and most decent doorman I ever worked with was called Tony, he was around 45 and from North London, balding with a white goatee beard and a cheeky smile which suited his chunky but not fat frame.  
Tony always amazed me with the women, pulling nearly every night and when he didn't certainly getting enough cheeky smiles to keep him happy!
His catchphrase when girls were leaving was "be good, and if you can't be good be careful, and if you can't be careful come find me mwah ha ha!"  And you wouldn't believe just how often it worked to the point he would occasionally come and ask me if he could disappear down a fire escape for five mins!  I do actually remember once saying "yes, but this time make sure your radio isn't transmitting!" Yes we'd heard it all and the sex sounds and talk of a 45 year old Norf' London old school bouncer aren't the sexiest in the world!  
On another evening I remember it being quiet midweek at the blue lounge and as I was filling out paperwork on the front door Tony was complaining about the cold.
"Can't I wear my 'at its cold Dan?"
"No Tony you can't mate, you know the manager thinks it makes us look too aggressive on the door" came my reply for the umpteenth time.
"Well can I wear my gloves then?" He asked.
"Yes Tony you can wear your gloves" I sighed wondering what he was upto.
I turned round to see Tony had sellotaped his gloves to his head.  Always choose your words carefully around doormen!

No comments:

Post a Comment