Tuesday 18 February 2014

Doormen nights out

Worrying.  We could stop there really!
I've been on a fair few doormen nights out and they are nearly always bloody interesting to say the least!  We had a doorman who was allergic to E numbers in jelly sweets so we used to feed him wine gums and watch the sugar rush spike his adrenaline and send him loopy, until the point he tried to full on snog me one night which wasn't overly pleasant! 
We used to take shortcuts into venues via the fire escapes, just to keep staff on their toes.
When I was very new to the trade I was once in an Indian restaurant in Leeds at around 2am when the door burst open and two masked men came in brandishing Stanley knives!  They looked at the waiter standing behind the bar, turned, saw around 30 large mostly shaven headed men staring at them and then ran back out again!  Free beers and much laughter ensued that night!
I have slightly taken the piss on a few occasions but then it's a perk of the Job, we spend so much time having to be "on it" as it were, that when it's time to let your hair down you can go overboard! 
I may have once got very drunk and taken my shirt off on the dance floor, danced on the bar and ran around to the mission impossible theme, which I'd insisted the DJ played, yes i think insisted is better than coerced, or threatened.  Then I was greeted by the doormen, or bad guys at the time, who were very uncomfortable when asking me to stop, you see I was their Boss at the time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment