Tuesday 18 February 2014

Getting hit by your own side!

Well on occasion sadly it does happen.  Fights start and end in seconds sometimes and one mistimed grab can then into a punch into the face of another doorman!  Yes that's happened to me, luckily not with enough regularity to make me question whether these were "accidents" or not!
One night I was on the front door of a bar in Scarborough, we were the middle of three 700 ish capacity places and, as such would help each other out if needed.  
I remember seeing a scuffle start on the front door the  Yates bar next door so moved out into the street to monitor.  I couldn't see the other doorman who should have been on the front door with Joe the head doorman who was now fully scrapping with this bloke and had another man trying to pull him off.  I broke into a run knowing the two lads on the door with me would see me charge and at least one would be on his way after me.   As I got to the fight I body checked the man trying to grab Joe and sent him flying then took hold of the man Joe was tied up with from behind.   Two doormen appeared at this point, one of my guys who went straight for the man I'd body checked and Big John from the bar further down the road.   The first thing I saw was John coming towards us, the next was Johns fist square in my face as we struggled to control this guy.  The third was Johns fist again in my face this time on my temple splitting it open!  
"Stop helping!" Came my cry!
Bastard.

No comments:

Post a Comment