Tuesday 18 February 2014

How to terrify a bad boyfriend

A number of years ago I was working in a nightclub called Time.  It was a pretty big place over several floors and as such required a fair few doormen to man.
On one particular night I was covering the main dance floor.  My attention was caught by a small group, In which a young couple appeared to be arguing.  Now it's usually a good idea to leave domestic arguments alone as they usually resolve themselves quickly, but sometimes people need to be reminded that they're causing a scene.   It began to get more heated so I started to make my way through the crowd to have a quiet word.  All of a sudden the girl tried to turn her back and get away and the lad she was with grabbed her and slapped her full on across the face sending her flying.
I immediately grabbed my radio and requested immediate back up on the too floor fearing retaliation from other male witnesses which happens a lot in these situations.  
I sped up and got myself between the lad and any onlookers just as several doormen came rushing in so I filled them in quickly as to what had happened and got hold of the lad with a doorman named Rob.  
Rob worked as a manager in a local hotel and was a top bloke, not the most muscular but a big lad who loved getting stuck in.  He took hold of one side of the lad and said,
"Right lets take him outside, and bum him" 
My face nearly dropped as much as the lads did!  I saw the half smile creep on Robs face and played along snarling "yeah."  A poor response I'll grant you but he'd taken me by surprise a bit!
As we marched him to the nearest fire escape the lad struggled and got increasingly worried and I swear it's true but he managed to grab hold of the door frame as we pushed him through shouting,
"No, no please no!"
Needless to say we just hammer fisted his fingers to get him to let go and closed to door on him, maybe overstepping our bounds?  Well maybe he won't hit a girl again.

No comments:

Post a Comment