Tuesday 11 February 2014

Festival fun

The atmosphere at festivals can be fantastic and I've been lucky enough to work at a few, my favourites being the smaller ones as they are more family based and feel good affairs rather than the larger, more commercial ones.  
Of course with smaller, feel good festivals, you get hippies, lots of hippies in all shapes and sizes both young and old.  
This can be slightly irritating when trying to have a rational conversation but I tell you what, I've been up and patrolling in the small hours until early morning and these folk are the ones up and about picking up any rubbish and making sure the festival ground is as clean and tidy as it can be so trust me, what they may lack in personal hygiene, in some cases, they more than make up for in their love of nature so good on 'em in my opinion.
Of course doing security at these events can be rather interesting, particularly in the quite obscene amount of drugs people seem to be on!  Weed being one of the biggest to the point that one guy who saw me out organising the car park came up to me and passed me a fat spliff saying "here mate, have this on your break, cheers for what you're doin bro"
I always enjoyed the end of the day campfires when all walks of people would get together and have impromptu singalongs varying from unheard of folk songs to tenacious d's fuck her gently.
This is also a time when the fire staff and poi people come out to play and you get your own private fire show which looks amazing and anyone can and is positively encouraged to join in. 
The most fun I had though was at a local festival when my boss ICBM or Intensive Care Bear Mike, "bear" for short and i got hold of fake swords and shields and put on a martial arts based fight show for everyone around totally on the spur of the moment, exhausting but the kids loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment