Friday 31 January 2014

Choke out in McDonalds

For my sins, or rather for the money I did a few months working McDonald's late shifts in York on a weekend.  The one job I've hated with a passion bordering on religion, it is quite simply the most horrible, miserable, depressing place to work and I had to leave before I lost the plot!
On one bank holiday Sunday night I was working with an old school doorman called Jim, and we were running it tight, we knew the dangers of there only being the two of us so kept a visual on where each other was at all times.   We had an incident inside between a polish lad and three squaddies so both had to go inside to sort it out.  
We separated the groups and the rule there is people rarely get asked to leave!  Which is stupid and bloody dangerous if you ask me and any other sensible doorman.  As I moved the polish lad back to a table to finish his food he said he's stay away from them so myself and Jim moved back to the front door.  All of a sudden we heard a shout and commotion behind us and as we turned around the polish lad had gone straight back up to the group and hit the biggest one!   
We went charging over, Jim being pretty massive going straight for the soldiers, arms outstretched in an attempt to hold them back, I went for the polish lad trying to get a hold on him.  He began to wriggle and seeing Jim holding three guys I took the easy option.  I choked the lad out.  It was one of the fastest knockouts I've ever done I don't mind saying!   Classic rear-naked choke as its called which involves wrapping one arm around the neck of your victim then holding your other arms bicep with that hand you use your free hand to push the top of the head forwards tightening all as you do so.   I want to say it took two to three seconds to knock him out obviously I couldn't time it but I surprised myself when I felt him go limp!   I lay him down gently and quite luckily I might add in a perfect recovery position!   
The affect of this was twofold for me as the soldiers all stopped squabbling at once and stood their with their mouths open and then Jim's face as he turned his head to see what had happened, and then looked at the floor and opened his mouth too!   Situation, sorted.

No comments:

Post a Comment