Wednesday 19 March 2014

Fashion and it's consequences

Over the years bars have had to either change their dress codes following modern trends or risk losing custom, some bars and clubs think themselves above others and can therefore dictate their policies.  Whether this works or not is simple, they're either still open or closed down!
I've had to turn people away many a time for dress code violations, or making those violations up on the spot to give a reason why I don't want the particular person in, when actually all I'm thinking 
is, "TROUBLE!"  
More often than not people argue with you, usually about how much their trainers cost, well go for a run in them then!   Honestly if you think that wearing Nike Air's to a trendy club on a Saturday night when you're supposed to be dressing to impress is a good idea then you need to go home and rethink your life.
One of the fashion trends I've always hated though is the bloody jeans-half-way-down-your-arse-tied-tight-with-a-belt look!  I mean come on guys most of you probably need a wipe there's no need to get your ass out.
Luckily I worked at a bar once whose manager really hated it so banned it from his premises!  Fantastic, especially when the DJ who was one of the worst offenders, turned up on a Saturday night and was told to pull his trousers up much to our delight, but once he stepped inside he pulled them back down!   Well the two doormen I was with on the front door both looked at me and one said,
"Can we go in there and carry him to the DJ box by his jeans?"
"Yep, go for it" I replied
So they did, the scream as his crotch was clearly being split in two was heard in the street!

No comments:

Post a Comment