Thursday 20 March 2014

Keeping myself amused

Well I've been told i look like an actor once or twice as I apparently have a resemblance to Michael Fassbender, no he's younger than me so it's the other way around thank you so very much!  
I do however love to do impressions and accents when I'm at work, it's probably my over active brain keeping me entertained but I love my films, I love making strange accents so therefore I love doing movie quotes in the correct accent!   I grew up in Scotland and I've moved around a bit too so I seem to be a bit of a chameleon with accents confusing plenty of people over the years by affecting a Scottish or South African accent for the evening and then changing it when people have just got used to it, sigh small pleasures eh although this did backfire once in Scarborough when a customer said something to me in Afrikaans, so I pulled my joker card and switched to Manuel from Fawlty Towers with a "Keh?" And a big smile!
As for the impressions I once did a silly meerkat impression towards a barmaid in Scarborough and managed for the next year to only do it when she could see it so no one else ever believed her! 
For some reason though I've always loved the Sean Connery, yesh, mish moneypenny, although I do tend to switch to the trainspotting version for my own amusement.  And mission impossible, nothing beats having that music and being dressed all in black, so many places to hide in a darkened nightclub.  Yes we're all just big kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment