Monday 17 March 2014

Kids nights, definitely different!

You don't see it as much these days but a lot of nightclubs used to have an underage night midweek, a good idea in principal but bearing in mind adults act like children when they get drunk and although we would never serve them alcohol, they just drink before they come in!  Obviously it's our job to weed out any kids who've had a drink but it's not as easy as you'd think when they down half a bottle of vodka two mins before coming in so you can't tell cos it'll take another ten mins to kick in! 
I do remember standing at the bar in a club one night and listening to a girl ask for two glasses, that's it no coke no lemonade just the glasses.  So I calmly followed her and removed the bottle of vodka she'd had hidden in her bag.
They can be a problem when they kick off too as when one lad maybe 16 years old, was kicked out of an underground nightclub I worked at for fighting inside, jumped down the steps superman punching the head doorman breaking his nose!  If memory serves two years later the lad suffered the same fate after kicking off, from the same doorman, karma's a bitch.
On one night I was standing talking to the DJ when a young lad picked up a girl and pulled off her skirt to reveal a tiny green g-string!   The DJ's comment,
"It'd be ok if she was wearing a sign saying I'm over 16 but I'm not sure she is"
I sighed,
"Yep I can feel the handcuffs tightening I'm going for a smoke"

No comments:

Post a Comment